LEN DRUSKIN'S TIPS ON BUYING JEANS - FEATURED ON KS95 MORNING SHOW
May 11, 2006
1. Know your body type. Is your butt flat? Do you have a bubble butt? Do you have a tiny waist and big hips? Do you have loose tummy fat?
To find a jean that makes you feel good you have to hide or take emphasis off of the areas that you find unattractive.
2. What kind of purpose do you want your jeans to serve? Going out jeans? Daytime? Comfy jeans?
* This will help you determine the way they should fit.
3. Find a rise that is flattering and also comfy for you.
Rise is NOT age specific it is more body type specific.
4. Pocket placement is important.
General rule of thumb not too big not too small you want you back pockets to be proportionate to the size of your butt. On a smaller butt you don't want huge pockets. And on a larger backside you don't want pockets that are too small. Keep the ratio even and well spaced. On a flat butt you don't want pockets that are too high. (This tends to make your butt look long and saggy) Now on more of a bubble butt a higher pocket tends to work more in your favor.
5. What color of jeans do you want?
Darker jeans are easier to dress up. They can be worn anytime, both day and night. Light jeans can be worn at night too, but tend to go more casual. Fading is also something to watch. Too much going on in the wrong place can spell disaster. i.e. Really heavy whiskering on big hips not a good thing! Remember light comes at you dark recedes. Don't get me wrong shading is important but too much can be bad!
6. MOST IMPORTANT . . . go somewhere that has good, HONEST, professional help, and a wide selection for you to try.
Buying your first pair of designer jeans is a big step. It is always easier with professional help when taking the plunge. It will make you feel good and confident in your decision.